Privacy and other website policies
Privacy & Security Statement
Thank you for visiting this Job Corps website and reviewing our privacy and security statement. Job Corps is strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information and the security of our computer systems. With respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, Job Corps makes every effort to ensure compliance with applicable federal law, including, but not limited to, The Privacy Act of 1974, The Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 and The Freedom of Information Act.
As a general rule, Job Corps does not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. The information we receive depends on what you do when visiting our site.
IF YOU RESPOND TO AN ONLINE REQUEST FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY FILLING OUT A FORM AND SUBMITTING IT THROUGH OUR WEBSITE:
We will only use that information only to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information and services that you request. We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide it to us.
Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. When a user clicks the "Submit" button on a web form found on our site, he/she indicates voluntary consent to use of the information he/she submit for the stated purpose. We do not collect or use personally identifiable information for commercial marketing, nor do we share it with any other agency.
IF YOU VISIT OUR SITE TO READ OR DOWNLOAD INFORMATION, WE COLLECT AND STORE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- The name of the domain from which you access the internet.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
The above information is used by software programs on our website to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, identify what information is of most and least interest, determine technical design specifications, monitor system performance, and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
IF YOU IDENTIFY YOURSELF BY SENDING AN E-MAIL CONTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, your mailing address, in an electronic mail message requesting that information be mailed to you. Information collected in this manner is used solely for responding to requests for information or records. We may forward your e-mail to other Government employees who are better able to respond to you. Should you wish to file a request under The Freedom of Information Act, instructions are provided on our Freedom of Information Act page.
COOKIE USE NOTICE
Cookies are small pieces of temporary data that are exchanged between a website and a user's computer which enable a "session," or "dialog," to be established between the two machines. With the session established, Job Corps is able to tailor its responses (i.e., identify and provide you with the information you want) and help you traverse our webpages in the most efficient and effective manner possible. The session is often broken when our web server does not receive further requests from your computer or you simply exit your browser.
For security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our website also employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and The National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1997.
When linking to external websites, Job Corps follows the policies and procedures set by the U.S. Department of Labor's External Linking Policy. This includes the following points:
Before a link is posted on a Job Corps website, the link is evaluated to determine if it meets one of the following criteria:
- The link is to an official U.S. Federal Government website.
- The link is to a website that provides official U.S. Government information or services
- The link is to a website with content that complements existing information and services offered by Job Corps.
In addition, all links on Job Corps websites must meet all of the following criteria:
- The website being linked has content that is relevant, useful, and authoritative for citizens, businesses, and/or government officials.
- The website being linked has information that appears to be accurate and current.
- The website being linked is "user-friendly."
LINKS TO GOVERNMENT WEBSITES
Job Corps may post links to any Government website that is publicly available unless directed not to by the agency that owns the site. Federal Government-owned or sponsored websites will generally have .gov, .mil, or .us domains; however, some may occasionally end in .com, .org or .net. Job Corps may also link to websites created by public or private sector partnerships with the Federal Government, and state and local government websites.
LINKS TO NON-GOVERNMENT WEBSITES
In rare instances, Job Corps websites will contain links to non-government owned or sponsored websites, provided these sites provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website. Job Corps provide these links as a public service to allow Internet visitors to obtain information or services related to the site they are visiting.
Job Corps will not link to any webpages that:
- contain information that is obviously inaccurate;
- lobby for a political party or position;
- exhibit pornography, hate, or bias;
- promote union services, activities, or positions;
- promote a religion, unless the content and/or services contained is clearly and directly representing Job Corps, U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), or Administration initiatives (e.g. the Administration's faith-based initiative);
- have the primary purpose of advertising commercial products or services, except:
- pages representing Federally-approved commercial products or services (e.g., GSA Schedule Services and Section 508 approved product lists);
- pages representing commercial training opportunities, conferences, or other events which are sponsored or co-sponsored by Federal organizations, Job Corps personnel are active participants, or the activity clearly and directly represents Job Corps, DOL, or Administration initiatives;
- pages specifically approved by the DOL Office of the Public Affairs (DOL-OPA); or
- pages that provide additional software necessary to view website content (e.g., Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- charge fees to access the information or services on that page;
- knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13;
- contain obvious barriers to accessibility for people with disabilities (e.g. flickering screens, images that have no alternate text descriptors, and pages that use color to differentiate content); or
- contain other inappropriate material.
DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT
Job Corps neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. Furthermore, Job Corps neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links.
All photographs on this site are provided by contractors under contract to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
Job Corps and DOL seals and/or logos on this website are the protected property of the federal government and may not be used without permission from the National Office of Job Corps and/or DOL.
The Office of Job Corps is committed to ensuring its websites are accessible to the widest possible audience. We are continually improving accessibility by following all recommended guidelines outlined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998.
Should you require assistance with any portion of this site, contact our Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Job Corps, a program of the U.S. Department of Labor, maintains this website to enhance public access to Job Corps information. This is a service that is continually under development. We will make every effort to keep this site current and to correct errors brought to our attention.
The documents on this site may contain hypertext pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. Please be aware that we do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. Further, the inclusion of pointers to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed or products or services offered by the author of the reference or the organization operating the site on which the reference is maintained.
Translations of any materials into languages other than English are intended solely as a convenience to the non-English-reading public. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material in English, but, due to the difficulties of translation, slight differences may exist. References identifying the original document in English are available in most non-English documents.
ADDITIONAL SITE POLICY INFORMATION
Links to additional site policies such as our Accessibility Statement and Disclaimer can be found at the bottom of every page of this site.